Monday, October 17, 2011

Syringes

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

What the fuck was that.

Shit. Okay, um.


Last night. Wonderful night last night, right? Middle of October, it was cool but not freezing-my-ass-off-cold-oh-my-god-there's-icicles-hanging-off-my-body, so I went out for a walk. Trying to forget about this piece of shit being under siege. (Hoping to wake up and have forgotten everything about the past 7 months or so, really. (Sadly, nothing. I still have all the memories that happened. Every last one of them. ))  Just relaxing...


NOPE.


As I was heading home, I ran into this person. See, normally running into people wouldn't bother me. But this did. Because it wasn't really a friendly person. Well. I'm giving too much credit by calling what that was a 'person'. Entity? Whatever, word choice doesn't matter.


She (I assume she, at least, because, you know, breasts and all that), turned around as I was walking up.At first I thought she was just lost. And somehow I still care enough for other people to see if she was alright. It's when I got closer that I wanted to raise the white flag and duck for cover. She had bandages covering her face, and where there weren't bandages, chocolate-brown hair was hanging over it.The only thing visible was a bloodshot eye (thinking back on it, it would be her left). Alright, she may have been in an accident. She may be someone in the Halloween spirit two weeks too early, I try not to judge too early but it's kind of hard when you don't know who or what might drop out of the sky and try to kill you. My paranoia lately has distanced myself but it has it's moments.


By the time she was fully facing me I finally got a good look. She had racks of syringes hanging off the inside of the sweat jacket she was wearing. There must have been hundreds. At this point in time I was thinking "Hey, must be a drug dealer...who's been in an accident." She might have taken a drug herself, (god knows what, though. Druggie 101 wasn't a class offered at the school I went to). I tried to stay calm. There wasn't much I could do, I couldn't bolt out of there, she was standing right in front of my house. So I did what any sane person did.


"Hey" I greeted her, trying to figure out who she was and what she wanted, if it had anything to do with me. No response. She just continued to stare. It didn't even seem like it was at me though. She was just staring off into the distance. I tried again.


"Hey, miss? Uhh, Mrs.? (couldn't hurt to try, though I highly doubted she was married). Hello? Who are you? Can you hear me? Miss?" I berated her with question after question, hoping to get a response.


I got one, all right. Ohhhh boy did I get one.


She suddenly snapped her attention to me. Finally making contact, I took a step back and waited for a response.


"So the little boy finally leaves his wannabe man-cave. It took you a while." she taunted. It was true. I hadn't left the house without being with someone in a long time. Actually, ever since I got back from the hospital. So I did the next thing man kind does when approached with a difficult situation. I ran away. As fast as my legs could carry me. Unfortunately she decided she wasn't going to give up that easily.


About ten minutes later, I was leaning against the back of a tree, trying to catch my breath. (Being on the soccer team had some advantages, I guess.) and sat down, trying to be quiet. I heard a twig snap.


"Oh god, this chick is going to kill me." was what was running through my mind as I was trying to figure out where she would pop up from. In a way it was horribly amusing. I had been followed around by a tentacle freak, and a guy with a vendetta against my friend. I had been barraged with attacks left and right and got out with few scars to prove it. Yet the end was probably going to be from some psycho with a needle? It's like I was being dealt the death charge. It was my execution. "Please let it be cyanide. Cyanide is painless, right?" I shuddered, and traced along the scarred tissue that was wrecked by Daren months before on my arm. There were two cuts intersecting each other, looking like an X. Or a mutilated cross. I'm sure he found that hilarious, but it hurt like a motherfucker.. (I felt like I was being branded. Thank goodness he didn't have any ink.)


Another twig snapped. My heartbeat increased by another tenfold. This one was right behind the tree I was resting at. Trying not to make any noise - not even breathing - I slowly stood up and peered over the stump. Nothing. I must have just imagined it, right? I was tired. Tired people have hallucinations. I turned around again, just to bump into our lady of the hour.


No one has ever jumped so high in their lives. I'm pretty sure I set a world record. She had this cruel twinkle in her eyes, as if she new exactly what torment I was going through. She was having fun. I was her prey. She held up a syringe and showed me the needle. I jerked, pulling my arm away before she could get the damn thing any closer. Then because I'm so fucking stupid at times, I turned around and tripped on the root I was standing in front of. Just my fucking luck.


She took my arm by force, and pushed the needle  in right where the scarred tissue intersected. Watching the metal pierce my flesh was probably not nearly as bad as how it felt. It was like liquid fire suddenly started running through my body. Oh god, it burned. And it was spreading rapidly. It was like there were flames burning inside me. I couldn't get the pain to stop, and it was making everything hard to do. Standing. Talking. Breathing. Blinking. I wanted to stop it all just to make the pain stop. I managed to sputter out


"Wha- wha- wha-...what was...th--" before I hit the ground. That was the last thing I remember. I don't know what the hell happened to me while I was out. Or what the fuck she injected me with. I woke up with "AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING THE EASY WAY OUT." written on me in what I think was sharpie.


I'm torn on what to do. It's obvious I can't stay in one area for too much longer. But I don't know what the fuck I got injected with. I can't go to a doctor about this. I can't tell anyone. But I can't just suddenly drop dead in the middle of nowhere, never to be seen again. So what should I do?


Who was that girl? I'm assuming she's connected to what's been going on on here for the past couple months or so. Hell, what if she was the person who put that little note up back in May, and not Daren? This means she's been watching me for months.


And I've done nothing but be a sitting duck. Oh god.

No comments:

Post a Comment