Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Search Party

Sorry for not updating yesterday. Nothing notable had really happened, so I didn't see the need to put it up.


Well...there was this one guy that struck me as a little odd. But that was it. I didn't think there was any reason to put that up...


I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll get to it later.


OH. One more thing before I begin. I've been carrying around an audio recorder when I go out since the night I first encountered Him. I had thought I had mentioned it, but looking back at my earlier posts, I realized I didn't. That way I don't have to doubt myself whenever I quote what someone says on here.


Okay, so. Monday. At about 10:00 we met up. 'We' was probably only...five people total? Sort of understandable, it was Memorial Day. Some people thought grilling was more important then finding a missing kid. Yeah. Totally understandable.


So the five were me, Emma's mother, two of the mother's neighbors, and a guy my age. Yeah, I didn't drag Lucian into this. I can't think of a way to sneak out of my room, and he's reading all the information he can get. He's been much happier lately...but also a shut in. That can't be too healthy. Then again, I wouldn't call our current situation too healthy.


The officer in charge (whose name escapes me), walked us through all the procedures, and split us into two groups. I was introduced into the other kid.


Now, this is the funny part. I think he's about my age. But he's 5'2 And he has the reddest hair I've ever seen, which he spikes up. I'm pretty sure he spikes it up just to make himself look taller. So yeah, first meeting him, I had a hard time not trying to ruffle his hair and call him kiddo. The first thing he did when we met though? He said


“Aight. Let's just get this over with, I don't know this jackass ova here." - I'm trying to type out his accent. It's not working well.


But yeah, kid's got an attitude.


Okay, shit. Library's about to close. If my net is back up soon I'll post up the rest, but if it's not I'll try to get back here tomorrow and finish it.

Sorry guys, this really does need to be put up. I just seem to be having bad luck. Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment